An excerpt of Icarus in the L.E.S. has been published at B O D Y, an online literary journal. Click here to read the excerpt.
Paul Ketchum, writing for Culturebot, thinks about Icarus, which makes him think about Bond movies, Emily Dickinson, and more. Click here to read the review.
As promised, more info on the new piece with Cori Marquis:
Duet-ed is an intimate sketch in dance-theatre etudes on monogamy, mating, betrayal, and performance intended for an audience of one at a time.
**Seating is limited to 5 audience members per night.**
To book your reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: "Duet-ed Reservation".
Work in progress showings are June 4 and June 12, starting around 9:15pm (show up at 7:30pm to see other great new works on the bill).
All performances are at Vital Joint at 109 Meserole St, Brooklyn, New York 11206.
Check out our Facebook Event by clicking here.
Icarus in the L.E.S. is coming to Joe's Pub on Thursday, August 24th. Buy tickets by clicking here.
Thanks to everyone who came out to The Performing Garage this weekend to check out Oye Group's (fka Brooklyn Gypsies) exhibition of new multimedia designs for Icarus! Next stop, Astor Place!
Great photos of Nic's recent shows have been added to the Works page above!
Check out Nic's interview with AXS.com by clicking here!
Nic's Indiegogo for Icarus in the L.E.S. (full-length premiere) is live here. Donate if you can!
A busy winter is barreling towards us. Upcoming projects for Nic include:
- Yours Untruly (1.12.17 at 7:30pm), a new musical from Nic, Keaton Morris-Stan, and Ann Marie Dorr, with original music by Jack Adams will have a work-in-progress showing at Dixon Place. Tickets are available here.
- Who Made This? Collaboration, Credit and Intellectual Property in Theatermaking (1.18 at 2pm) is a panel discussion for The Exponential Festival, co-curated by Sarah Hughes. For more info, click here.
- Real Talk / Kip Talk (2.20.17) is a live talkshow written by media mogul Kippy Winston, to receive a special one-night-only presentation at Abrons Arts Center. Nic will be directing. For more info, click here.
Howard Fishman's A Star Has Burnt My Eye is coming to BAM's Next Wave Festival in November 2016! Nic will continue with the production as its Production Stage Manager.
Upcoming projects for Nic include:
Nic is now a fiscally-sponsored member of The Field. Make a tax-deductible donation to Nic's upcoming work by clicking here.
Stay tuned here for news of Nic's upcoming projects. In the meantime...catch up on the previous incarnation of Icarus in the L.E.S. by clicking here.
Nic has been selected as Theater Reconstruction Ensemble's TRE|haus playwright-in-residence for his performance-poem, Icarus in the L.E.S., which will receive a week of rehearsals and workshops in the fall of 2015! Get more info by clicking here.
TRE is a fantastic NYC theatre company, having produced some awesome plays like Set in the Living Room of a Small Town American Play, and You On The Moors Now. In addition to his work with them on Icarus, Nic is currently workshopping their next "reconstruction", Rhinbecca, NY, serving as the production's creative stage manager. Rhinbecca will play at The Brick Theater in Williamsburg in the spring of 2016.
When it rains, it pours!
Upcoming projects for Nic include:
- A Star Has Burnt My Eye (stage manager, Sarah Hughes/The Brick)
- Big Green Theater (stage manager, The Bushwick Starr)
- Toilet Time With Eliza Bent (assistant director/stage manager, JACK)
- Rhinbecca, NY (creative stage manager, Theater Reconstruction Ensemble)
...other things also brewing. Look out!
Nic joins William Burke's production of Comfort Dogs: Live from the Pink House as stage manager. Get tickets by clicking here.
Read up on Talking Band's upcoming production, The Golden Toad, by clicking here. Nic will serve as the production's stage-manager.
Buy tickets for Nic's upcoming piece, White Wines (after Plays) by clicking here. Nic's piece runs as part of Target Margin Theater's Gertrude Stein Labs, a festival featuring the work of many talented artists.
Nic got to share his history with Target Margin for their year-end appeal. View it by clicking here.
Four upcoming projects this fall and winter:
- Nic will be reading the role of Pentheus in Jesse Freedman's Karaoke Bacchae at La MaMa Theatre on October 28th.
- Nic will be directing a reading of Michael Eichler's new play, Holy Name. To be read at 9pm on November 12th at the 13th St. Repertory Theater.
- Nic will be expanding his Six Church Poems into a concert event to play in Dixon Place's Lounge on November 20th at 7:30pm. Get more info by clicking here.
- Nic will be directing Gertrude Stein's play White Wines for Target Margin's Gertrude Stein Labs at The Bushwick Starr in January 2015.
Nic with fellow shadow directors and directors at ABC's Diversity in Casting showcase at New World Stages.
Next up, Nic will be assistant directing for ABC Creative Talent Development, as they prepare for a showcase in October.
Nic has been asked to preview some of his new piece, Six Church Poems, at Dixon Place's "Experiments and Disorders" poetry series on Tuesday 9.16 at 7:30pm! The free work-in-progress showing will include music and poems from the upcoming piece, which will receive an expanded showing in November. Get more info by clicking here.
Click here to check out Nic's interview with Target Margin Theater's intern, Sarah Suzuki, on the process of making Uriel Acosta.
Click here to check out American Theatre Magazine's article on Target Margin.